As a celebration of an important anniversary, the Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association from Moinesti (Bacau County, Romania) presents this new international call, open to all ages above 18, all genders, all career paths, stages, and educational backgrounds.
This international contest consists of:
Your works must be submitted as a digital file (maximum size – 2 MB) – uploaded to the contest page – http://www.dadamoinesti.ro/dada125contest – there you’ll find the application form, please read it carefully!
It is the first edition of these contests so, please, be patient with us, the organizers! The winners will be featured on our platforms, promoted extensively worldwide, and considered for any upcoming curatorial projects of the art galleries from our town, Dada City (Moinesti), Romania, including our annual international art camp! There are general rules for our call – the agreement between the artist and the Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association consists of the following terms and conditions – please read the rules below carefully before completing the application process.
– All artists from around the world are welcome to enter;
– Artists must be 18 years or older to apply;
– Images should be original artworks created by the artist, they cannot be copies of already-existing works;
– The size of each image shall not exceed 2 MB, 300 dpi;
– Any artwork not submitted using the form on our website will not be considered or evaluated;
– The participation fee is EUR 18 for two artworks, EUR 25 for three artworks (each artist or collective can apply more than once) – the fee is required for the future exhibition catalog, the organizational costs of the exhibitions, the remuneration of the jurors, and the international promotion of the events; the fee can be paid on PayPal.
The artwork shall be judged based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, and quality of the artwork, overall design, demonstration of artistic ability. During the competition, our curatorial staff and a jury consisting of three artists will judge and select a shortlist of the best artworks from all the submissions. The jury is made up of professionals and the judgment cannot be challenged. Winners will be chosen based on the quality of each entry as well as the overall quality of the submitted works. The list of selected artists will be announced precisely on 25 August 2021.
The jurors will decide everything about the awards – this is the first edition of the contest so we have to decide and establish a lot of things!
The selected artists will receive honorary diplomas and will be featured in a permanent exhibition in our galleries and on our website will be included in our official catalog (their artworks and biographies), will be interviewed and published on our website, will be promoted individually extensively through our social networks, newsletters, and our community of Dada enthusiasts, curators, and art experts. Moreover, selected artists will receive an invitation to participate in the International Dada Symposium and a proposal for a long-term collaboration with our association and partners.
The poster submitted by the winner of the poster contest shall become the official poster of the Tristan Tzara and Dada Culture Anniversary Festival 2021.
This Agreement represents the terms and conditions agreed by the artist and the Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association. Before submitting their artworks, all artists who want to participate in any of the contests must agree to the following:
– The artist shall retain the sole copyright on the images;
– All artists will be considered for any future curatorial projects of the Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association, not limited to publications, exhibitions, gallery projects (all displayed images will be credited with the artist’s name);
– The Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association will use your images only for marketing, promotional, and display purposes for any competition on our website;
– You, the artist, agree to allow the Tristan Tzara & the Dada Enthusiasts Association to archive the chosen artwork as part of the exhibition;
– Selected works will feature the artist’s name, the title of the work, and a link to their website or email address if they do not have a website;
– Images will not be resold, exchanged, or copied;
The call for submission opens on 20 May 2021
The deadline for submission is 10 August 2021
The winners will be announced on 25 August 2021. If they want, they can send the originals for the exhibition that we will organize especially for them between 6 October and 30 November 2021 with the printed digital files. Their originals may be sold at the exhibition, so the authors will have to inform us of their prices for the selected artworks. Our association doesn’t retain any sum of money from those sales.
Catalog release and the opening of the exhibitions: 6 October 2021, during the annual International Symposium dedicated to Tristan Tzara and the Dadaist Culture (6-9 October 2021).
You should choose a search result page. You can choose the page from the Theme Options > Events > Event Search Results Page option.
New membership are not allowed.